Monday, August 25, 2008

We've Arrived!

We've made it safely to Indiana and are settling into our new lives here. Our move went really well. We had no problems with the truck, we made great time, we had the help of family (thank you!), and Molly did great in the car! I was even able to ride a little in the truck with David while Grandma and Grandpa Yourstone kept Molly entertained in their car. We are grateful to have the move behind us, though. Even though we've only been married for 4 and 1/2 years, that was David's and my fifth move together. If we can stand it, I'll be more than happy to stay in one place the whole time we're here at Purdue.

So far we are really enjoying Indiana. I was expecting that at about this time, I would be really homesick...even for Provo! But the only time I have shed any tears is when my Dad left us here after helping us move in. I think at that point it just sunk in that we were really on our own. I'm even slowly learning how to navigate the streets here...which are a little tricky. Too many one ways for my liking. David has started classes today and so far so good. I think the one person having the most fun though is Molly. She absolutely is loving life...as long as she's outside. We've discovered about 6 different playgrounds that are about 2 minutes walking distance from our apartment...all here in the Purdue Village complex. Molly has visited each one numerous times. I'm pretty impressed with how big and different they each are. When she gets bored with one, we just move on to the next. There are also a lot of big grassy areas just outside, which is something we didn't have in Provo. It's nice to just be able to let her roam.

Molly is still getting used to our little apartment, though. It's a little more difficult to navigate than our last place, so she's bumping into a lot of walls and tripping over things. The other day she got too excited and starting running, tripped and knocked her forehead into a sharp corner of the wall. She has a nasty bruise right in the middle of her head...then yesterday, she tripped over her own feet and face planted into the floor. She hit her forehead in the exact spot as her bruise. We keep trying to tell her to slow down around here. We'll eventually all get settled completely, though. But so far, it's been a great adventure.

2 comments:

Buell Fam said...

I am so glad that the move went so well! What a relief to get that over with. I am glad you like your new town! We miss you here though!

The Mann Family said...

Hi! It's good to hear that you guys made it safely. Hopefully you guys will get to stay in one place! I can totally relate to moving one to many times!