Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What do the Animals Say?

So we're posting our first video...yay for us! Anyway, Molly has just recently become very good at her animal sounds. She's still not very good about doing them for the camera, but we did capture a few to share. She also has learned how to "read." A few weeks ago, she was sitting on the floor with David and he started reading the names of the flavors of some hard candy that Grammy had in her purse. He would pick one up, read it, then put it down and do the same for the others. So then Molly would pick one up, go "ba, ba, ba", then put it down. It was pretty cute. So now when she picks up a book or anything, we'll say, "Molly, what does it say?" And then she reads to us.



On a completely different note, over the weekend I accomplished a goal I had been working on for a year. Last year, once I had quit working and was at home with Molly all day, I wanted to feel like I was working on a goal, so I decided to read the entire Standard Works in one year. I started on September 1st, 2007, and on August 31st, I finished! It was really a great experience. When I told my mom last year about doing it, she decided to do it with me. It was a lot of fun to share that with her. We would call each other a lot and make sure we were reading every day. I'm impressed that both of us never got behind at all...if anything, we were always ahead of schedule. Some days were hard, but over-all, it was a lot of fun. I really learned a lot, and am excited now to go back and study a lot of things more carefully.

1 comment:

Buell Fam said...

That is so great to accomplish a goal like that! Cute video of Molly!