Monday, October 6, 2008

Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa!







Since we no longer get General Conference on TV anymore (one of the perks of Provo and BYU TV, which we don't have here), we decided to drive 7 hours to Grandpa and Grandma Yourstone's to watch it instead of going to the stake center. Oh, the sacrifices we make! It was a great excuse to go see them again, even if the weekend was way too short. Molly did wonderfully in the car...hopefully this is getting her used to the trip. I drove the whole time so I could get used to the route...maybe someday soon I'll be brave enough to try it all by myself! Molly had a blast with "am-ma" and "am-pa". Grandma brought some toys out for her that she had great fun with. But her favorite had to be the trampoline and the slide outside. It was great entertainment watching her run in circles on the trampoline. She loved the fact that it didn't hurt when she fell (unlike our floor in the apartment) so she would get running pretty good. She also enjoyed playing

with her Aunts Kamila and Krista. On Saturday we were able to attend Krista's volleyball tournament and a marching band competition for Kamila. Since I haven't lived at home for many years, I haven't been able to see a lot of stuff they're involved in, so when I do get the opportunity, I really enjoy it. Krista had some great plays for volleyball, and Kamila is amazing at the marimbas. They are both beautiful and talented girls.

Once again, we're sad General Conference is over, but we truly enjoyed the talks given. I can't wait to be able to go back and read them and find the things I missed. For now, I guess it's back to the grind...

No comments: