Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! (a couple days late)

We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We sure did! We went to Iowa to visit with my family, and we had a lot of fun. On Wednesday we went to the park (yes, the weather was actually nice enough). There was a little pond nearby that was frozen over, and we had some fun throwing rocks in the water trying to break the ice. Molly had great fun on all the playground equipment, and the feeling of being free after the long car ride the day before. Thursday, of course, was Turkey day! We had a blast cooking together, watching the parade, and EATING!! Can I just say my mom is one of the best cooks ever? One of my family's traditions is to set up the Christmas tree on the evening of Thanksgiving. Molly had fun playing with the ornaments and setting up the Christmas decorations. It's impossible these days trying to get her picture taken, but we did get a couple.


My mom has a little candy holder that we put Peanut M&M's in every year...Molly found the big bag of candy and tried a couple. Once she decided she didn't like it (we could have told her that) she figured out it was great fun feeding them to everyone else. Here she is feeding Krista...poor Krista could barely finish one before she had another one being shoved in her mouth.

On Friday my family was nice enough to watch Molly while David and I went to the Winter Quarter's temple. We've missed not having the Provo temple 2 minutes away, so it was nice to take the opportunity for a babysitter and make the trip to the temple. It's a two hour drive to Winter Quarters...and it was so quiet! At least for me, I'm not used to going anywhere without Molly in the back of the car. It felt a little weird, but it was great. Thanks family! On Saturday we hung out at home and played some games and hung out. While Molly was down for her nap and Grandpa stayed home with her, the rest of us went to a family fun center and played some indoor miniature golf. Then today, we went to Sacrament meeting with my family and then headed home. It was a great week, but way too short...aren't all holiday vacations? Now it's back to real life...sigh!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you got to go home. And yea for temple trips without our kids! Now I've got to get my Kim and Molly fix for the week before I ditch you. See you! And of course you can link to my post. But I'll try and send the pics and videos to you as well.