Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another milestone

Tonight Molly went pee-pee in the potty for the first time. Yaaayyy, Molly! It was pretty cute. We've had her potty for a few months now, and she enjoys sitting on it fully clothed while we go to the bathroom. Just recently have I actually started taking her diaper off every now and then to let her sit on it. Tonight before her bath, we gave it another shot. She always gets pretty restless while sitting there, so after about 5 minutes, I told her she was done and we were going to put her diaper back on. She would have none of it...she really just wanted to keep sitting there. So I got some books for her and let her read and chill for a while. Then I needed to start getting her bath ready, so I left her for a minute to get some bath stuff, and by the time I got back, she was standing next to her potty, looking at her hands. They were wet...she had gone pee-pee and started playing in it! After I momentarily freaked that she was playing in it, I got all excited and tried to make sure I made a big deal. She was pretty proud of herself. She was naked at the time, since we were getting ready for her bath, but once she was dressed again, we took a couple pictures to remember the moment. You'll see that she's clapping for herself.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

way to go Molly! She's beat Amy to it! That's so exciting...but don't expect it to happen again any time soon, you don't want to get your hopes up.