Saturday, February 21, 2009

First Cookie!

I know there are always exciting milestones in a baby's life, such as the first time they roll over, or sit up, or their first steps. One of Molly's latest milestones is...she ate her first whole chocolate chip cookie! As some of you may know, Molly has not always been too fond of sugar and sweets...don't ask me where she got that from. It's not that we don't give her plenty of opportunity to try stuff, she just prefers rabbit food, I guess. But the other day we were getting a little restless, so we made some cookies together, and I have never seen her so excited to eat one. After dinner, she ate the whole thing and seemed to actually enjoy it, too. This is a very big step for her, especially when you've seen her take a bite of something sweet and just spit it out. The only thing she didn't seem to like about the cookie was it was pretty messy, and Molly can't stand being dirty...but that's another story for another day.

"Look Mom, I ate the whole thing!"


"Wait a second, my hands are all messy!"

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Now I've seen them all. An entire cookie, eh? That crazy kid...what will she be doing next?

I love the pictures of Amy and Molly in the crib. Good times, good fun.