Thursday, March 26, 2009

Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam

So I'm big into cross stitch. It's one of the things I love to do once Molly goes down for bed and I have a few moments of quiet. The past few years I've been able to get about 5 big projects done, and it's been so much fun. The only sad thing is, I haven't actually framed any of them. They are all sitting in my craft bin, all except one. The last one I finished was a Greg Olsen picture that I'm sure is very familiar...I made it for Molly's room. I've wanted to have a really nice picture of Christ in her bedroom, and my end goal, now that I've finished this, is to make one for each of my future kids. The idea, if it actually happens, is for them to be able to have it while they are growing up, then be able to take it with them once they move out. Anyway, I found a great deal on a frame, so decided it was about time to get it up on the wall and out of the bin.

So I'm not a huge fan of the white frame on the white wall, but when you're trying to go cheap, you can't be too picky.

After I got it up on the wall, Molly was pretty excited. I asked her who it was, and she immediately said "Jesus!" Tonight we sang "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" and she kept pointing to her new picture saying "Jesus! Sunbeam!"

Since I had the camera in her room, I finally got a chance to document Molly's bedtime requirements. I think it's pretty hilarious what she insists on having when we put her down for bed. She has to have her small blanket in her arm, her big blanket over her legs, then her Elmo, doggy and giraffe in her arms. (Usually she'll tell me exactly which arm she wants them, too.) Then, she wants her Soother on. I don't know how she can stand having all of that on her, but as long as she goes to bed happy, I don't really care. What a crack-up.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

the cross-stitch looks great! And that is a great idea to do one for each of your kids. So cute about Molly's bedtime routines.

Buell Fam said...

Wow that is beatiful! Must have been a lot of work.

Aubrey also has to have 3 stuffed animals, blanket & a sippy cup in order to go to bed. Funny kids.