Friday, June 5, 2009

A Second 2nd Birthday

Last weekend my parents and sisters came into town to visit. With them they brought a whole bin of birthday presents for Molly, since her birthday was just a couple of weeks ago. I don't know of any child who could be more loved (or spoiled!) than our little Molly. She was in heaven having 100% attention, plus a whole new load of toys.

One of the many new gifts she received was a little inflatable pool. We've already put it to much good use, and have even had some little friends over to join in the fun. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing (OK, it's good for me, but bad for Molly), but this last week we've actually had many days that weren't really warm enough to swim, and I think it's starting to drive Molly a little crazy. I think she would spend all afternoon in the pool if we let her.



Another new favorite is a tool box with a whole load of Black and Decker tools...and who cares if they are plastic and not real? Molly sure doesn't! The other day she was playing with her dress up, and she had a big fluffy skirt on, then she immediately got out her tools to help David with a little project. I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

Right out front of our apartment we have a little playground that has sand. I'm really not a big fan of the sand...I would much rather have wood chips instead, but another thing Molly got for her birthday was a set of sand toys. I begrudgingly admit that the sand has been pretty fun this week. Molly has spent many a minute digging away. Who needs a beach, right?


Molly showing off how cool she is in her sunglasses.

3 comments:

The Mann Family said...

I cannot believe she is already 2! Happy Belated Birthday Molly! It seems like just yesterday we were curb walking to get our contractions to start! ha

On a sad note...did you know that Dr. G passed away in November? I am sooo sad.

Tracy said...

yeah for more b-days! I'm glad you enjoyed a visit from your family! Molly is such a cutie-and we miss her, and YOU! We're having a good time though. Talk to you soon!

Danielle and Derrick said...

I just can't get over how amazingly cute that girl is. I love that swim suit she has on, it is adorable!