Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Little Steps, Big Milestones

This last weekend we started...POTTY TRAINING. Suffice it to say, I'm already ready to be done. I tried to prepare myself for the great fun we would have taking this big step with Molly (dully note the sarcasm, please), but I don't think anything can quite prepare you to say "pee-pee" and "potty" and "panties" and "poop" 135 times every day. Over-all, though, Molly has done a terrific job, and today was her first day completely accident free!

On Saturday we took a family trip to Wal-Mart to get Molly some motivational treats and new underwear. While we were there, we ran into my good friend Tracy, who has the little girl Amy that is really close to Molly's age. We had already picked out some fun princess underwear, but Tracy mentioned to Molly that Amy loves to wear Elmo undies, so we of course had to go back and exchange the princesses for Elmo. Such a silly girl. But Molly has been quite proud of her new big girl status.

The last few days we've used mostly her little potty to help her get used to getting to the potty on time when the need arises, but today we started helping her use the "big" potty. This afternoon I had ushered her in to the bathroom to try and go, then left to get something before helping her up, and then suddenly I heard her going all by herself. That was definitely a happy moment for a proud Momma.

It's a little awkward getting your picture taken while you're sitting on a potty, so of course Molly had to be silly to lighten the mood a little!

2 comments:

Buell Fam said...

I am glad it is going so well. I read that it takes less time when they are 2.5 years old, so I've been putting it off. I have been letting Aubrey know that the day after Halloween she will start wearing her big kid underpants. I hope it goes well. I am soooo not looking forward to it!

Tracy said...

Yeah! I'm glad she's doing so well. Hang in there, it will work out for the best!