Friday, October 9, 2009

Must be Fall

This is what it looks like right outside our front door:

It has been raining for about 34 hours straight at this point...no, wait, actually last night, it stopped for about 20 minutes, but then started right back up again. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm actually LOVING IT! David and I are more than happy to admit we hate the sun, and love the rain. I would take rain like this all the time. The only reason I'm starting to appreciate the sun at all is because of Molly. I fear she is getting a little stir crazy. But she's still happy staying inside and playing with toys.

We've gotten out lots of her little baby toys that we've had packed away, and she's enjoyed seeing those again. We also do lots of coloring and writing letters...Molly's favorite thing to write is her name. She'll write it over and over again, and it's actually starting to look legible.

The potty training has pretty much been a success. Molly can get to the potty when nature calls, climb up herself, and complete her business all on her own. The only thing we need to work on a little bit more is limiting the amount of toilet paper we use. She thinks unrolling the toilet paper over and over again is such fun. I can't really blame her, but it's getting a little old now. But anyway, Molly has only had one accident in the last 4 days, and she got pretty upset about it. She even stays dry at night for the most part, so pretty soon we probably won't even have to wear pull-ups at bedtime. For a couple days I didn't know if we'd make it through the whole potty training thing, but I know I've had it much easier than many out there. I'm very grateful.

On a totally different note, I've had a funny story of Molly from a few months ago that I've never gotten down. A couple of times a month, Lowe's has a little workshop where kids can go and build little projects with a parent. This has become one of David and Molly's favorite things to do together. Here are just a few of the things they've made:

Molly really does love playing with all of them, too. She calls them her projects. Along with writing letters, Molly loves to "read" words and spell out the letters whenever we're in the car. A few months ago, David said as they were pulling up to the Lowe's, Molly read: "S, E, W, O, L. Project!" Such a funny one, that Molly.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so glad that potty training went so well for you all. Molly is just a quick one!

Buell Fam said...

That's awesome about the potty training! I hope it goes as well for us. I love the Lowes story. Such a smarty!