Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Little Angel

Wow...today has been a crazy day. This morning Molly and her little school friends had a Halloween party at our house. It was so much fun. Molly was ecstatic that she could finally wear her costume...she's an angel. She has been waiting almost a month for this, so she's been on cloud nine pretty much the whole day. I must say she is the cutest angel I've ever seen!

Everyone started out with some pumpkin painting. Call me crazy for letting Molly paint while wearing a solid white dress...but she did amazingly well. I debated putting on an old shirt, but she didn't like that too much while pumpkin carving, so I decided to take my chances. I think all of the kids thought it was pretty fun.

Here is the group, with a couple additions, and one subtraction. From left we have Amy, then Adelynne, Makiah is the little skunk in the front, then Benjamin, and of course Molly. Evan is hiding behind Molly, but he is also part of the class. What a cute little bunch!

After group pictures, we did a little cake walk, and in place of the cake, we had some chocolate pumpkin candies. I don't have any pictures of it, because I was manning the music and also video taping it, but it looked like the kids had so much fun. We just put papers down with numbers on them, then called out a number once the music stopped. I made sure that each kid got one, and when each child's number was called, they got so excited!

Then it was on to decorating sugar cookies. This is the first time Molly has even been interested in decorating a cookie...just last Halloween, during her aversion to sugar faze, Molly had the chance to decorate a cookie and she would have nothing to do with it. She thought it was pretty fun this time.
Tonight we joined Amy and Adelynne and trick-or-treated down at the dorms on Purdue campus. All day Molly talked about going, and she was so excited. Here are the girls right before the fun began:
I couldn't believe how well Molly did...she walked up about 16 flights of stairs, and up and down 16 dorm floors. I tried to help her, even offered to hold her, and she would have none of it. The only thing she would let me do was near the end, when her bag started getting heavy, she let me carry it for her.
Molly was so polite. It was the cutest thing to hear her say "trick-or-treat," then "thank you!" I hardly ever had to prompt her. She was just so happy and patient...we had a couple of rough kids that liked to shove and get in front, but Molly would just wait her turn, then get in there when she could. She is such a sweetheart.

Can you imagine a happier kid?

4 comments:

Tracy said...

So fun, and man, you are quick about posting! Way to go! I am so glad that we all went together! Molly seriously was a little angel tonight because only an angel would have put up with those big, pushy kids.

oh, and funny thing, Adelynne HATES the pumpkin guts, but Amy thinks they are kind of cool. (Didn't I tell you... its the first child thing).

Mary, Kevin, and Lily said...

Molly is so cute. She is getting so big. IT IS TRUE--SHE IS THE CUTEST ANGEL I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! WOW!!!

Dustin Family said...

Hey Kim, Molly looked absolutely adorable!!! Cute, cute, and fun!!

Buell Fam said...

She is darling! You are very brave to let her do all of those things in her costume. My Aubrey is so messy, I wouldn't even let her eat in hers!