Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Little Bit of Nothing

So it seems our lives have slowed down lately for the most part. With the holidays over, there's not a whole lot of note-worthy going on right now. Life still is busy, but not too exciting. I think we're just trying to survive the winter and keep our hopes up that spring is at least thinking of coming. A couple of weeks ago it looked like this:Then it warmed up and melted, and then the other day we got another couple of inches. Though I hate to admit it, I think it will like this for at least a few more months. Sigh...

This is for my Mom and Dad. For Christmas they gave Molly a couple awesome new pieces for her train set, and they've been great to build some new tracks. I couldn't really tell who was having more fun, Molly or David. I'm glad David loves to play on the floor with Molly with her toys. That's something I have a hard time doing myself. Anyway, this is what they came up with together:Molly had a blast with that for a while, then we had a couple of Molly's friends come play, and Benjamin (3) didn't leave the trains the whole 2 hours they were here. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

Molly is still happy and healthy. She's been doing a little better lately at playing creatively on her own, and it has been wonderful. But her shyness has been returning, and that hasn't been quite so fun. David subbed in nursery a few weeks ago, and it seems like ever since then, Molly hates big groups, or being with other people. If either David and I are around, she is very clingy, and she has cried thinking of going to nursery or her joy school and being left. Once she's there she ends up doing fine, but it's been throwing us for a loop that last couple of weeks. I'm hoping this is only a phase.

A couple of weeks ago we had the Missionaries over for dinner. Near the end, Molly was getting a little restless and distracting, so we had her go play upstairs on her own for a while. When it was time for the Missionaries to leave, David went to get her, and found her in the bathroom, standing on the toilet seat, holding the Fe-breeze. She had sprayed and saturated our whole counter until it was dripping on to the floor. Needless to say, the Fe-breeze is now in the garbage, and the smell is finally gone. I'm grateful that for the most part, Molly doesn't get into too much mischief.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

what a fun train set! I bet David enjoys playing with Molly when this toy is brought out.

At least Molly used the febreeze on the counter and not in her hair!

Bart and Krista said...

The Febreeze story is hilarious! (I'm sure you weren't laughing too hard.) I was a VERY shy child, too. When I was in Kindergarten the mother helpers asked my mom if I knew HOW to talk b/c I wouldn't talk to anyone. I also cried every "first" day of school b/c I was so sad to leave my mom. She just LOVES you! You must be a great mom!