Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

For the last few months, since I've discovered bread making, all I've wanted for my birthday was a Kitchen Aid Mixer. I've been going back and forth between a couple of them, so finally I decided to make a trip into a local kitchen supply store, and see if they could give me any insight. Well, they ended up talking me into a Cuisinart. I feel like such a rebel! But I'm so excited, and I think it's beautiful! I was able to pay for the whole thing with all my birthday money, so thanks to everyone who contributed to my new baby!We've already put it to good use. Today we made one of my family's traditions for birthdays: German Chocolate Cake. I was even able to use the new bundt pan that my Mom sent to me. Can't wait to dig into that! (if you're curious about the recipe, go HERE.)This morning David made me a wonderful breakfast, and then this afternoon he built me a new shelf in our laundry "closet" so that I could store my mixer off the counter. Thanks to wonderful neighbors who offered to watch Molly, we'll be going out to eat in an hour or so (Olive Garden, here we come!) I have to say, this has been a great birthday!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

That is a beautiful machine! I'm so glad you are having such a nice birthday. I hope you enjoy your dinner tonight! And... Happy Birthday!

Weigel said...

Happy Birthday!! I have been becoming interested in making bread, but I haven't made the leap. It looks like you all will be eating well!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun present!!!