Thursday, March 4, 2010

Green Eggs and Ham

Every now and then I do something fun and feel like a "cool" mom. Lately Molly's favorite game to play on the computer is Green Eggs and Ham. I randomly asked her one day if she wanted to eat some green eggs and ham, and she immediately agreed that would be a great idea. So on Sunday, we made green eggs with ham. I'm sure this is not something new, that plenty of people have done this before, but for just a moment, I felt like a cool Mom. Molly was all excited about the whole thing, until she got a glimpse of the green eggs. She immediately said "I don't like green eggs and ham, Mom, I don't want them." We told her she at least had to try them. She took one bite, said "oh, I LIKE green eggs and ham" and began to dig in with earnest. Didn't she learn anything from the book?This morning I asked Molly if she wanted to try green eggs again, but she said no. Then she asked for pink eggs. We didn't eat pink eggs for breakfast.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

you are a cool mom! That is too funny that she didn't want to eat it as soon as she looked at it. But I think my kids would do the same thing.

Jessica said...

How fun! I don't think Evan would've touched them... haha :) You are such a cool mom!