Thursday, March 25, 2010

Iowa

Most of you know that David has been looking for an engineering job for, like, EVER. We are so excited that on Tuesday he has a job interview in Ames, Iowa. That's about 50 minutes from my parent's house. As you can imagine, this is a huge deal for us, and we are anxious, nervous, excited, and at least for me, just want to get it done! So please keep your fingers crossed and your prayers going for us!

Since I've known about the interview, I keep comparing how I felt leaving Utah to move to Indiana, to how I would feel leaving Indiana and moving to Iowa. I was so done with Utah at the time we left. I was sad to leave a few good friends, and a close temple, but that was about it. I really had no sadness in moving away from what we had known for our whole married life. Compare that to now, when I think of moving away from our home for only the last year and a half, and I get major butterflies and heart palpitations! Even though our little family has gone through some difficult times in Indiana, I have absolutely loved it here. We have made some amazing friends that I hope will last a lifetime. If this job happens not to be the one for David, knowing that we get to stay in Indiana for a little while longer will be a great comfort. But for a job, wouldn't close to family be the ideal?

I've been in Iowa since Sunday, helping out my sisters while my parents are in New Jersey. They should get home tonight, and David will join us in a couple of days for the interview, and to take us back home. Molly and I have had fun together the last few days, though I think it's safe to say we are both getting a little sick of each other. My sisters are busy with school and sports and stuff, so we don't see them much. Today is my youngest sister's birthday (15!) so hopefully we'll be able to do some fun birthday celebrations once everyone gets back home. So anyway, that's what we've been up to the last week.

Wow, it's a little weird for me to make a post that is a little on the personal side, without a Molly story or too and some pictures. I hope I won't regret this in a day or two...!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Hey, that is great! Go David! I will definitely offer some prayers in his (and your) behalf. It seems meant to be--that close to family!

We miss you! I hope you enjoy your last few days in Iowa- or however many you have left! And come home safe!

Being sad doesn't quite describe how I would feel if you moved away, or the case when it is my turn. It is so wonderful when the Lord puts people in our lives that make such an impact, but definitely difficult when its time to say goodbye. I will take what I have for now! XO

Weigel said...

how wonderful it would be if you could be close to family. I will be praying for sure.

Super Pi said...

Congratulations on the job interview! I hope it goes really well. We will miss you if you move, but you will attract other awesome people to you. Awesomeness attracts awesomeness.

Colby and Steph said...

That would be awesome. It is always nice to be close to family, especially for those time when you are in need of help. To also have a good job is a double perk. We will defiantly keep you guys in our prayers. Good luck. :)

Jessica said...

How exciting!! We will be praying for you and your family, you deserve this so much! I know what you mean about moving away... kinda bitter sweet huh? I get sad thinking about it as well.... part of me just wants to stay. Have fun in Iowa with your family!