Monday, April 26, 2010

In Loving Memory

Last Thursday my Dad's Mom passed away from a very quick battle with cancer. I'm very sad that I'm not able to attend the funeral in Utah tomorrow. I wish that I was able to be there to pay tribute to a wonderful woman and support my Dad and his family. Though you can tell by Molly's age that this picture is a little outdated, here is my amazing Grandma and Grandpa Yourstone. We'll sure miss you, Grandma!
This comes right on the heels of losing my Mom's Mom, Grandma MacKay, in December. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend her funeral in Utah. Another outdated picture; this was taken the day Molly was blessed.
My family has always lived miles away from either set of Grandparents, so I don't feel like I ever was able to get to know them extremely well, but I do know the wonderful people both my Grandmas were. I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to be apart of such a great family legacy. I'm grateful for the Gospel and the knowledge it gives us of eternal families.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma and that you can't go to the funeral. When you have great parents you know they come from good grandma's.

Colby and Steph said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. It is never fun to loss someone. It is nice to have the knowledge that we will be with them again.