Saturday, April 17, 2010

We're Surviving...

...I think. You might want to check with Molly on that, though. David has now been gone for a total of 11 days, and we've seen him for 1 day in the middle of that. We only have about 17 more days to go! We're are missing him terribly, but are so grateful that he has a job and is working hard learning the ropes. He's doing great in Texas, so that's good.

Today I took Molly to her first movie in a theater. A local theater here does free matinees for kids on Saturdays. We're grateful my friend Ann and her family didn't mind Molly and me being third wheels for their family time. Molly was pretty excited about the whole thing, and especially with the popcorn. She did say over and over "Momma, it's too dark in here, I can't see my popcorn!" and "How do we get out of here?" We saw Astro Boy, which wouldn't have been my first choice as Molly's first movie in a theater, but hey, it's free, am I really going to argue? Molly said afterward it was a little bit weird.

We then hit Purdue's spring fest, once again with Ann and her family. Molly actually got her face painted, I couldn't believe it. That is a huge step for her. We of course had to wash it off right when we got home, but hey, it lasted for a couple of hours. I'm sad I forgot my camera, I had meant to take it today. So alas, no pictures, but I'm sure you get the jist.

I was exhausted after our crazy day out, so I was taking a little rest on the couch this afternoon while Molly was doing computer games. She looked over to me and asked if I was sleeping, which I responded that I was getting pretty close. She hopped up and went upstairs to get some books, then came down and read to me, then sang me some songs. It completely melted my heart that she wanted to do her bedtime routine for me. Molly has been acting out a little bit lately, I think in response to her Daddy being away, so she's been pretty difficult at times. I so appreciated that sweetness from her, I really needed it.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That is so sweet! I love that she read to you and sang. I hope she continues to take good care of you ;-) Keep surviving, its going to be worth it!

Bart and Krista said...

Oh wow! It's not too much fun being without a hubby at home! So sorry to hear he's gone.. but it's great he has a job in Texas. Hope the next couple of weeks fly by for you guys!