Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First step to being 3

Molly has a history of becoming hysterical at the doctor's office. Today was her check-up since she's turning 3, so I've been working on preparing her for the visit since I don't have a lot of energy to deal with the hysterics. For the last few days I've been going over the basics like the scale, that thing they use to check reflexes, and the stethoscope. Molly has a little stethoscope of her own, so she was excited to show the Dr. and tell him she even knew how to use it. Here she all ready to go:I think over-all the method worked. She was still a little shy, but didn't cry once, until they gave her the last vaccine she needed. And then it was just drama. I've had so much blood work done over the last 8 months that I really didn't sympathize much, but according to Molly, the world was ending. She settled down once I promised her some ice cream, though.

On a side note, this afternoon a bunch of us friends were outside playing. I was sitting in the grass talking to some adults, and Molly was doing her thing with the kids. She went inside to use the bathroom, then on her way back out, one of the moms turned to me and said, "Kim, your daughter is completely naked." And she was! She walked right out our house stark naked, not a care in the world. Of course that got me moving faster than I have in the last month. I'm not sure what prompted her to take off all her clothes, let alone come outside once they were all off, but we had a good talk on how it's not polite to walk around naked.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great idea... Evan wouldn't do a thing the doctor said last time.
I think that the whole naked thing is hilarious! Molly is too funny.

Tracy said...

I just can't imagine Molly walking around naked!

So for a future reference, my girls love the book, Froggy goes to the doctor. It actually seems to get them excited about going. Maybe Molly would like it too.

sharon said...

Sweet! Stevie use to do that too. Congrats on your pregnancy were excited for you guys hope you start to feel better soon.