Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Molly!

Yes, I know Molly's birthday was last week, but I am just now getting a chance to sit down at the computer and actually blog about it. We are getting settled, slowly, into our new home and new life here in Ames. So far, so good. I think both Molly and I are going through some serious withdrawals from our dear friends in Indiana, but I hope pretty soon we'll start making some new ones. The house is nowhere near getting unpacked. I definitely haven't been up to my usual unpacking this time around. Oh-well, hopefully by the time we move next we'll be done.

The night before we left Indiana, since we would be traveling on Molly's birthday, my friend Ann threw our family a farewell/birthday potluck dinner. I was so grateful that Molly would get a birthday cake, since she had been begging for a specific cake since Christmas, and it was a wonderful opportunity to say good-bye to our awesome neighbors and friends. Thanks, Ann, for a great party!

The amazing princess cake made by Ann.

Ready to dig in to the good food.

Waiting to blow out the candles on the cake while we sing "Happy Birthday"

The cake tasted as good as it looked!

Opening presents. This was the scene around Molly. It was pretty cute. Everyone wanted the perfect view. Thanks to everyone who gave Molly a present. It made our trip much better!

Handing out the Thank-You hugs. So cute.
I can't believe my little baby is already 3 years old. These last 3 years have been full of adventure and laughter, all due to our adorable, sweet little girl. I wouldn't change a second of it! I love you, Molly. I'm so grateful we've been blessed to have you as a part of our family.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We miss you! Sorry we couldn't come to Molly's birthday party, it looks like you had a great time. I hope you love your new place and that everything goes well for you. Keep in touch!