Monday, May 24, 2010

Some Updates

Well, we've been here in Ames for almost two weeks now. I feel like we're finally getting settled in and used to our new home. I've only had a couple of break downs, and that's pretty good considering my hormones and how much we miss our friends back in Indiana. It's been a hard adjustment not being able to walk out my front door to the playground and meet 5 other mom's with their kids. Some of the days have been long, but I think we're starting to meet people and will have some friends to hang with soon. We only have a few more boxes to unpack, and some other organizing to do, and then I think we'll finally be done. Oh, I am so looking forward to that!

When my Grandma passed away in December, we inherited one of the twin beds she had in her guest room. Molly has been so excited to make the transition from her toddler bed to the big bed, so we thought that the move would be the perfect time to do it. When we got the bed all set up and the mattress on, we realized that the bed is actually an Extra-long twin, and we only had the regular mattress. So there was a big gap at the end of the bed. We knew we couldn't really leave it like that...we didn't want Molly falling down the hole at the end of the bed. My mom came up with an amazing idea to put a board across the bottom and use it to store all of Molly's stuffed animals. An we love it! It works perfectly, and Molly is so proud of her new bed.
We also have a new addition to our family. No, no baby yet, but we have bought a CAR! We knew once David got this new job that a new car would be something to get pretty quickly. David's commute it about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic, and we knew it wasn't going to be feasible for me to take him and pick him up every single day. So, we found a car we liked, thought it was a pretty good deal, and broke down and bought it. And I am LOVING it. For the last 5 and 1/2 years we have been driving a tiny little car with no power steering and no air conditioning. It's been a great little car for us, but I am so ready for some cool air during these hot and humid summers! As for me, I think I'm recovering from the move, though maybe a little slowly. I've even had some days this last week that I never threw up! (Unfortunately, today will not be one of those days.) Yesterday I made an actual homemade dinner from scratch, and there was no gagging involved. And I could even eat it! It's amazing the little things like that I've started to appreciate after these last 7 weeks. I've found a Doctor here, and have my first appointment with her in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to getting in there again just to confirm everything is still progressing OK.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun!! Dallas and I are also wanting a new car.... it might be awhile longer though. What kind of car did you get?

Heather said...

Nice Ride! I am sure that you LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Mindy said...

Congratulations Kim! I didn't even know you were expecting!