Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And baby is...

...as Molly says, "a girl named Barbie." When I got home from the ultrasound and told Molly that the baby was a girl, she basically acted like, "well, duh, Mom, I've been telling you that all along." We are so excited. "Barbie" looks great and everything is on track. She's measuring a couple days ahead of the due date, so that's good. Hopefully this baby will be born in November and not December. There was one little thing caught during the ultrasound (and because of my lack of medical knowledge I can't remember for the life of me what it's called) that isn't too concerning at this point, but we will be doing another ultrasound during the third trimester just to make sure everything is still going well. I can't say I'm too disappointed in having a second ultrasound. Knowing that "Barbie" is a girl makes her seem that much more real to me. It was so fun seeing her little heart beating, and her little arms and legs move around. We definitely feel blessed!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Yeay!! I am glad everything is going well. Molly is a cutie... of course she already knew what was going on, kids are a step ahead of us :)

Tracy said...

Yay! I'm glad Molly gets a little sister! Congratulations on your 2nd healthy baby girl!

Janick said...

congratulations!!!

Weigel said...

yay!! congrats! That is so exciting.

Buell Fam said...

Congratulations! It sure is fun having two girls. And I am so excited that Molly gets the sister she's been wanting!

Super Pi said...

Congratulations! I'm really excited for you and for Molly!

Kristine N said...

That's so wonderful! Molly is going to be such a great big sister.