Friday, June 25, 2010

Baby Gender

I've heard a lot of talk lately from pregnant friends/people I know about the fun in waiting to find out about the gender of baby until during the birth. I was worried this was becoming the new trend. I think maybe once I have one boy and one girl, and I feel fully prepared for either, I might consider that option. I don't know if I'll ever have the patience, but I do agree that it would be fun. But I know for sure we'll be finding out the gender of this baby...on Tuesday!

With Molly I almost felt like I knew she was going to be a girl. I don't know if that's because I was just really hoping she was a girl, or if it was just a pregnant mom-to-be's intuition. But for this one, I feel like I have no idea. Maybe it's just more important to me that we just make it through this pregnancy and I'll be happy for either, as long as it's healthy. Anyway, we'll be letting you know on Tuesday, hopefully, on what we'll be getting in about 5 months. In the meantime, let me know what you think, and see if any of you have a better guess at this point than I do. Come on over and cast your vote! (there's a poll going on over on the right)

The other day, Molly and I were swimming, and I again asked her if she wanted this baby to be a boy or a girl. I don't know why, she's never changed her opinion. She immediately responded that this baby will be a girl. I asked her, "But, Molly, what if by some chance it's a boy, will you be OK with that?" She thought for a minute, then slyly responded with "Momma, what if it's TWO girls?"

2 comments:

Tracy said...

haha! 2 girls, eh? Well, my vote is with Molly-- a girl. Can't wait to find out!

Jessica said...

I'm guessing that it's a boy :) David needs a little guy around the house right? Although two more girls would be an adventure!