Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nauvoo

We went to Nauvoo this last weekend. We met up with my parents and sisters and had lots of fun, and stayed overnight together. It was wicked hot, though, so it put a little bit of a damper on ambitious plans, but we still got to enjoy some things. David and I each got to do a session at the Temple (though not together), our first since getting married there! Growing up near-by with visits most summers, and of course being married there, I will always have a special place for Nauvoo in my heart. We love it there! We'll get to go again in about a month when my sister Katie gets married there.

The Statue Garden at the Visitor's Center:


Molly with her Aunt Kamila and Kamila's boyfriend Caleb.
Nauvoo Temple at night.
Molly and Grandma at Family Pastimes.
Concentrating on making rope, just like the pioneers.
Down on the Mississippi River bank.
Getting ready to go on a carriage ride.
Emma did amazingly well on the carriage, and spent almost the whole thing with Grandma and Grandpa.
Me and my girls.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I love the picture with Molly in the middle of the statue, her jumping almost makes it look like she is supposed to be apart of the statue.