Thursday, August 25, 2011

Our newest addition

We have a new member of the family, who is already much loved and adored, and getting much use.  When we knew we would be moving to a bigger place, the first thing I wanted to get was a piano.  Nothing fancy, just a small upright that would fit in our still somewhat small space, but still an upgrade from our digital piano.  I started checking out Craigslist, and the first piano we went to look at is the one we got.  And we have loved every minute of having it.  I've also started teaching some piano lessons again, and have 3 students at the moment, with 2 more probably starting soon. 
This is pretty much what happens every time I sit down to play.  Lightening fast, Emma is there to play with the pedals.  Makes for interesting pedal work on my part.
She thinks she is just the coolest thing ever.
Personally, I don't really understand the fascination.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

1) When I read the title of this post I thought you were going to say you were either pregnant or you got a puppy!

2) Emma is just the cutest thing ever! She always brings a smile on my face!

Tracy said...

hurray for a piano!!! I was always curious with the pedals too, they're just more accessible. Good luck with giving lessons, I hope you enjoy doing it!